What Are Turkish Citizenship Requirements And Conditions
Firstly, What are Turkish citizenship conditions:
- Obtaining Citizenship Based on Residency:
According to the Turkish law, residency period must be / 5 / five continuous years in Turkey. It is allowed to travel for a period not exceeding six months during that.
- Purchasing Real Estates in Turkey
- Establishing or owning a license for any business in Turkey
- Transferring business to Turkey.
- Obtaining a work permit in Turkey.
- Marriage to a Turkish citizen.
- Submitting the naturalization application for the entire family
- Siblings ((father, brother, mother, or son)) of the applicant who previously obtained Turkish citizenship.
- Completing high education in Turkey
- Having good morals and a biography (as a security study will be conducted to investigate the behavior of the person from the neighborhood and places of residence during the five-year period)
- To be familiar with the Turkish language of what is sufficient to meet his needs, and this requirement is flexible since it is only requested a minimum level of proficiency.
Secondly: Granting Turkish citizenship based on any investment in Turkey, this includes:
- Real estate ownership: by owning a property in Turkey with a minimum value of $ 250,000, pledging that the property will not be sold for a period of three years.
- Bank deposit: by depositing an amount of a minimum $ 500,000 in a Turkish bank for a period of three years.
- Recruiting Turkish citizens: by employing at least 50 Turks.
- Purchasing government bonds: with a minimum of $ 500,000.
Thirdly: The Criteria to obtain property based citizenship:
- Buyer must be from one of the nationalities that are mentioned in the law, as the naturalization law in Turkey includes all nationalities except of certain specific nationalities, including: North Korea and Syria.
- Buyer must be an adult.
- Turkish citizenship is granted to each of the property owner, his wife and children who are under the age of 18 years.
- The buyer is obligated not to sell the property for 3 years from the date of purchase.
The documents requested to apply for the Turkish citizenship:
- A copy of the title deed of the property (tabu), or the promise to sell / delayed sale contract (during purchase within the floor easement, or on the map) with the notary.
- Real estate appraisal report: it is a report issued from one of the appraisal institutions that are regularly licensed by the Turkish government, and its validity period is 3 months. It is usually extracted within two or 3 working days.
- Payment Reciept for the total price of the property from the buyer's account.
- Receipts for receiving the original price of the property from the seller's account, stamped with the seal of the receiving bank.
These receipts are considered proof of payment of the property value and its transfer from the buyer's account to the seller’s account.
- Two special agency copies from the buyer to the legal team to apply for citizenship, which is organized by the notary in Turkey, that check the documents and gives the right to apply the citizenship file and follow it up with the official departments.
- A translated copy of whole family's passports: husband , wife, and children who are under the age of 18, and attesting them from a notary in Turkey
- A translated and attested birth certificate for each family member (husband , wife, and children under the age of 18).
- A translated and certified copy of the marriage contract.
- A translated copy of the family book or family statement document.